Phone: 903-839-4914, Ext. *265
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p .m.
Whitehouse Animal Control enforces the City Ordinances regarding animals and responds to citizen concerns about animals in the City. The Animal Control Officer is on duty weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
BECAUSE OF RECENT EVENTS WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANIMALS AT THIS TIME UNLESS IT IS AN EXTREME EMERGENCY. OTHER ANIMAL CONTROL SERVICES MAY BE AFFECTED AS WELL.
Animal Control Services Include:
- Animal bite investigation
- Response to stray dog concerns and impoundment of stray dogs
- Providing humane live traps to capture nuisance wildlife, cats and dogs
- A 24-hour notice is required to remove animals from privately owned traps
- Investigation of animal welfare concerns
- Dead animal removal from roadways
- Investigation of barking dog concerns
- Enforcement of City Ordinances regarding livestock, fowl, and exotic animals
- Investigation and testing of suspected rabid animals